What is Ozempic Australia for weight loss?
Ozempic Australia for weight loss (semaglutide) is a once-weekly injection used to improve blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Semaglutide is also used to lower the risk of major cardiovascular events like stroke, heart attack or death, for adults with type 2 diabetes who also have heart disease. Ozempic should be used along with diet and exercise.
How does Ozempic Australia work?
Ozempic Australia is from a class of medicines called a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) agonists (incretin mimetics).
Ozempic works by binding to GLP-1 receptors which stimulates insulin release from the pancreas when you need insulin, it also helps to reduce the amount of sugar released by your liver and slows down food leaving your stomach. The combination of these effects helps to lower your A1C and blood sugar levels, and may also help reduce your appetite.
Warnings on Ozempic Australia for weight loss
Call your doctor at once if you have signs of a thyroid tumor, such as swelling or a lump in your neck, trouble swallowing, a hoarse voice, or shortness of breath.
You should not use this medicine if you have multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (tumors in your glands), or a personal or family history of medullary thyroid cancer.
Before Ozempic for weight loss
You should not use Ozempic Australia for weight loss if you are allergic to semaglutide or any other ingredients in this medicine, or if you have:
- multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (tumors in your glands); or
- a personal or family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma (a type of thyroid cancer).
To make sure this medicine is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- a stomach or intestinal disorder;
- kidney disease; or
- eye problems caused by diabetes (retinopathy).
In animal studies, this medicine caused thyroid tumors or thyroid cancer. It is not known whether these effects would occur in people. Ask your doctor about your risk. Ephedrin kaufen
Ozempic Australia for weight loss recommended dosage:
- Start Ozempic Australia with a 0.25 mg subcutaneous injection (injection under the skin) once weekly for 4 weeks. The 0.25 mg dosage is intended for treatment initiation and is not effective for glycemic control.
- After 4 weeks on the 0.25 mg dosage, increase the dosage to 0.5 mg once weekly.
- If additional glycemic control is needed after at least 4 weeks on the 0.5 mg dosage, the dosage may be increased to 1 mg once weekly.
- If additional glycemic control is needed after at least 4 weeks on the 1 mg dosage, the dosage may be increased to 2 mg once weekly. The maximum recommended dosage is 2 mg once weekly. Ammunition for sale
- Administer Ozempic for weight loss once weekly, on the same day each week, at any time of the day, with or without meals.
- The day of weekly administration can be changed if necessary as long as the time between two doses is at least 2 days (>48 hours).
- If a dose is missed, administer your injection as soon as possible within 5 days after the missed dose. If more than 5 days have passed, skip the missed dose and administer the next dose on the regularly scheduled day. In each case, patients can then resume their regular once-weekly dosing schedule. Saxenda kopen